Sunday, December 1, 2013

Oregon’s Rugged Coast

For many years the Oregon Coast has been near the top of my bucket list of places to see. Based on the hundreds of photos I’ve seen over the years I knew there were numerous spectacular places to visit. Whenever I looked at a map of Oregon I was always amazed by the number of state parks that line the coast from top to bottom.

When we finally arrived at Cannon Beach back in early September of this year, it was the first time I’d ever laid eyes on the Pacific Ocean. Perhaps my reaction was similar to that of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. When they arrived on the coast in November of 1805, William Clark noted in his journal: "Ocian in view O! The Joy!"

I posted two blogs on our new Discover the West website that describes and shows some of the amazing sights we saw along the north coast and the southern coast.



Jeff
Hiking in Glacier National Park

No comments: