From the Glacier National Park website.
• To preserve and protect the natural and cultural resources for future generations.
• To provide opportunities to experience, understand and enjoy the park consistent with the preservation of resources ‘in a state of nature.’
• To celebrate the ongoing peace, friendship, and goodwill among nations, recognizing the need for cooperation in a world of shared resources.
• Glacier’s scenery dramatically illustrates an exceptionally long geologic history and the many geological processes associated with mountain building and glaciation.
• Glacier offers relatively accessible spectacular scenery and increasingly rare primitive wilderness experiences.
• Glacier is at the core of the “Crown of the Continent” ecosystem, one of the most ecologically intact areas remaining in the temperate regions of the world.
• Glacier’s cultural resources chronicle the history of human activities and show that people have long place high value on the area’s natural features.
Hiking in Glacier.com