Visitor facilities at Grand Teton National Park will open for the 2015 season starting Friday, May 1st and continue for the next several weeks. Opening dates for seasonally operated facilities and roads in Grand Teton National Park and the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway are as follows:
* Teton Park Road: May 1
* Moose-Wilson: May 1
* Grassy Lake Road: June 1; remnant snow drifts may limit access
* Paved multi-use pathways will be fully accessible for use once the snow melts naturally.
* Signal Mountain Summit: TBD, once additional snow melt occurs
Visitor Centers & Ranger Stations:
* Craig Thomas Discovery & Visitor Center: Open
* Colter Bay Visitor Center: May 9
* Jenny Lake Visitor Center: May 15
* Laurance S. Rockefeller Preserve Center: May 30
* Flagg Ranch Information Station: June 1
* Jenny Lake Ranger Station: June 6
* Gros Ventre: May 1
* Signal Mountain: May 8
*Jenny Lake: May 8
* Colter Bay: May 22
* Colter Bay RV Park: May 22
* Headwaters Campground & RV Sites: May 22
* Lizard Creek: June 12
All backcountry camping permits cost $25, whether advanced reservation or walk-in. Backcountry reservations may be made until May 15 with an additional $10 fee for advanced booking. Reservations can be made online at Recreation.gov. After May 15, all backcountry site permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Signal Mountain Lodge: May 8
* Jackson Lake Lodge: May 18
* Colter Bay Cabins: May 22
* Triangle X Ranch: Mid-May
* Jenny Lake Lodge: June 1
* Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch: June 1
The Moose, Moran and Granite Canyon entrance stations are open and charging entry fees.
Bicyclists are reminded that they must stop and show an entry pass before proceeding through the gates, just as vehicles are required to do. An automated self-serve machine is located on the multi-use pathway adjacent to the Moose Entrance Station. People traveling on the pathway by foot, bike, or roller blade will be required to stop and pay or have a valid pass in possession.
For detailed information on all the hiking trails in the Grand Tetons, please click here.
Grand Teton Hiking