Glacier National Park’s free, optional shuttle system that provides shuttle services along the Going-to-the-Sun Road will begin operations July 1 and run through September 7.
Prior to 9:00 a.m. there is limited service to some spots on the west-side:
• At 7:00 a.m. and 7:18 a.m. there are express trips from the Apgar Visitor Center straight to Logan Pass, without any intermediate stops, and then continuing on to St. Mary making all regularly scheduled stops.
• At 7:36 a.m. an express shuttle departs the Apgar Visitor Center straight to Logan Pass, where a connection can be made to the St. Mary Shuttle
• At 7:56 a.m. shuttles begin service about every 15-30 minutes from the Apgar Visitor Center, with stops at Avalanche Creek, The Loop, and Logan Pass. This shuttle will not stop at Apgar Village, Apgar Campground, Sprague Creek, or Lake McDonald Lodge.
The St. Mary Visitor Center is the transit hub for shuttle services on the east-side of the park. East-side shuttles begin service at 7:00 a.m. from the visitor center and depart every 40 to 60 minutes. The last shuttles of the day leave Logan Pass for the Apgar Transit Center and St. Mary Visitor Center at 7:00 p.m. For more information on the shuttle system, click here.
For the majority of the summer season, travelers should expect construction activities between Siyeh Bend and St. Mary on the Going-to-the-Sun Road on the east-side of the park. The majority of the work involves paving the 15-mile segment from Siyeh Bend to St. Mary. Many points of interest on the east-side will be difficult to access by private vehicle during construction operations. Shuttle access is recommended for all access points and trailheads along the east-side of the Going-to-the-Sun Road.
There will be no construction work or delays due to roadwork over the 4th of July weekend, Friday through Monday on the east side of the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Following the holiday weekend, road construction will resume seven days a week. Delays will be up to 30 minutes.
Bicyclists must comply with all traffic regulations and must ride under control at all times The following sections of Going-to-the-Sun Road are closed to bicycle use between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. through Labor Day:
• Eastbound and westbound from the Apgar turnoff to Sprague Creek Campground, and
• Eastbound from Logan Creek to Logan Pass.
Visitors are reminded to be prepared for changing weather conditions throughout the park and use caution around water and snow. Some higher elevation trails in the park still have snow-covered areas. Hikers should exercise caution when walking on snow and be alert of possible collapsible snow and steep slide areas. The Highline Trail is open and the Ptarmigan Tunnel is open to foot traffic. Hidden Lake Overlook Trail still has significant snow-coverage. Current status of all trails within the park is available here.