The Montana Fish & Wildlife Commission is seeking comment on proposed amendments to rules that provide for landowners or their agents without a hunting license to take a wolf that is a potential threat to human safety, livestock or pets.
Public hearings to discuss the rule are scheduled to start at 6 p.m. on the following dates:
• Dec. 2 Bozeman FWP Region 3 HQ; 1400 S. 19th St.
• Dec. 3 Great Falls FWP Region 4 HQ–via video–4600 Giant Springs Rd.
• Dec. 3 Billings FWP Region 5 HQ–via video–2300 Lake Elmo Dr.
• Dec. 3 Helena FWP HQ; 1420 E. 6th Ave.
• Dec. 4 Kalispell 490 N. Meridian Rd.
• Dec. 9 Missoula 3201 Spurgin Rd.
• Dec. 10 Glasgow FWP Region 6 HQ–via video–54078 US Hwy 2 W.
• Dec. 10 Miles City FWP Region 7 HQ–via video–352 I-94 Business Loop.
Copies of the draft rule and comment forms are available online here.
Public comment on the draft rule will be accepted through, December 20th.
A final rule will considered for approval by the Fish & Wildlife Commission in Spring 2014. For more information, call 406-444-2612, or visit the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov.
Hiking in Glacier National Park